- Permanent Position
- Competitive Salary up to €90K DOE plus excellent benefits package
- Nationwide role
One of Ireland's largest Main Contractors is currently recruiting a Health and Safety Manager to support projects in the Civils business in Ireland.
Working closely with company Regional Directors, Project Directors and Project Managers, you will be responsible for advising and ensuring all onsite health & safety standards are in line with the company's internal expectations and standards. As Health and Safety Manager you will lead the implementation of a professional, competent team of 4 – 6 safety advisors, across multiple construction projects nationwide.
The company will offer you an environment where you will be supported through continuous development and training enabling you to progress to the next level within your career.
- Ensure consistent implementation of company standards, procedures, policies and expectations.
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership by your beliefs and behaviours.
- Ensure workplaces are audited / risk reviewed at a frequency and with intrusiveness in accordance with Policy.
- Provide line management to applicable members of the HSE team Raise “at risk” / early intervention concerns to Project Managers and directors when needed.
- Ensure accidents/incidents are investigated and lessons learned communicated.
- Promote a positive H&S culture on-site with Site Management, Contractors, and workers.
- Develop, maintain and foster collaborative relationships with the wider project team
- Influence and coach site team in the implementation of best practice EHS standards.
- 10+ years of experience in a senior health and safety position within the construction industry.
- A third level qualification in health and safety/occupational health and safety.
- Excellent written/verbal communication, time management and organisation skills
- Experience working with lifting operations, PSDP/PSCS, Temp Works, BS 7121/IS 361, OHS/Env reporting systems.
- Experience with IT and digital technology.
- Chartered membership of IOSH would be a distinct advantage.
Submit your CV confidentiality.
Take your career to the next level with one of Irelands leadingTier 1 Main Contractors.